Trump administration again suspends a part of Cuba embargo
By JOSH LEDERMAN Published July 14, 2017 Markets Associated Press
WASHINGTON – The Trump administration is suspending for another six
months a provision of the U.S. embargo on Cuba.
The State Department says it has told Congress that it will keep
suspending a provision of the Helms-Burton Act that deals with property
seized from Americans. The provision lets Americans use U.S. courts to
sue non-American companies that operate and deal with property
confiscated after Fidel Castro's revolution.
It's the latest sign that President Donald Trump is not fully reversing
President Barack Obama's opening of relations with Cuba. Last month
Trump announced he was rolling back some changes, but he left others in
The law has been in place since 1996. Recent U.S. presidents have
repeatedly suspended the lawsuit provision for six months at a time.
Source: Trump administration again suspends a part of Cuba embargo | Fox
Post a Comment