Monday, October 30, 2006

State Security threatens dissident

State Security threatens dissident

MATANZAS, October 19 (Oscar Sánchez Madan / www.cubanet.org) - Dissident
activist Alberto Sigler, 45, said State Security officer Terencio Camejo
visited him at home October 8 and threatened to throw him in prison if
he didn't give up his work on behalf of human rights.

Sigler works with the Independent Movement Alternative Option.

About the visit, Sigler said: "The officer told me that as a
representative of the Department of State Security, he could send me to
jail if I continued visiting the headquarters of the organization, and
that he would confiscate my small short-wave radio."

Sigler said Camejo told him State Security had information about his
public criticism of the government and that they would not allow it.

Also, Sigler said Camejo told him to remain at home October 10 and not
participate in ceremonies commemorating the anniversary of the first war
for independence.

"I am going to continue visiting the organization's headquarters," said
Sigler. "I'm not afraid. I will carry on with the struggle to the
ultimate consequences."

http://www.cubanet.org/CNews/y06/oct06/23e5.htm

No comments: