Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Castro dictatorship may have duped me, but I will never forget

February 27, 2011

The Castro dictatorship may have duped me, but I will never forget

I will never forget Carlos Serpa Maceira.

At one time, that was because of what I believed was his outstanding
work as an independent journalist in Cuba, informing the world about the
activities of Cuban groups and individuals struggling against the Castro
dictatorship, work that many times landed him in trouble with the
authorities.

Now, it's because he duped me and many others.

A special on Cuban state television Saturday revealed that Serpa and
another supposed anti-government activist were, in fact, Castro agents,
assigned to infiltrate and spy on the opposition.

I have to admit, Serpa was very good. He not only produced compelling
reports on opposition activities, he many times was arrested because of
what he reported and wrote.

His work, and what was happening to him, were frequently topics of posts
on this blog. Punch "Carlos Serpa" into the search field on the left and
more than 60 posts will come up as results.

For that, I apologize to my readers, for I was duped.

And for that, I will not forget Carlos Serpa Maceira.

I suspect those who were sources for his stories and who supported him
in his own "confrontations" with the dictatorship, will not forget him,
either.

Like his spymasters, he one day will pay for his crimes.

http://networkedblogs.com/eOvb1

No comments: